Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wednesday - Back to Work... ish

I woke up naturally, which was a nice change from recent mornings. Take a shower and check my mail. Look up some apartments and note that there's an open house in the location that I'm looking at, so I figured I'll check it out even though it's available ASAP just so I can take a look at what's available in that area for around what price range.

Lunch time comes around and I head downstairs and down the two blocks to Mamoun's to actually get a falafel this time. Of course there's a line. Grab my falafel and diet coke (for a total of $3.50!) and eat as per usual in Washington Square Park. Really not a bad way to start the day.



The open house is on 13th street and I have some time, so I head up to Union Square and chill for a little while. Then I walk over to the apt and ring the intercom, but no one answers... This was at 1:35pm and the open house was supposed to start at 1:30pm. I check the ad again to make sure I had it right... Wait around for a bit and finally the broker comes up. Apologizes for being late and lets me check out the place while he waits for others to come. I check out the place... it doesn't take very long... it's very small. Especially with the couch someone had left in there. It did have a very nice terrace though that was bigger than the apartment (though I think it might have been shared?)




Anyway, after that I walked down towards the sublet again past a Trader Joe's which I briefly enter. They had a line there that went around the entire store! It was absolutely absurd. Like they had people standing around with signs to designate which of the lines that wrapped around the store belonged to which lane (express or non-express). Too bad I didn't get a picture. I then walked to the Whole Foods and checked it out. The prices didn't seem that bad. Maybe my mind is just adjusted to this whole New York mindset. Anyway, their registers weren't as crowded, but still decently crowded (or maybe they just had more registers). I did get a picture of that one.


Took the shortcut through Washington Square Park back to my sublet where I cooled off and did some work. Dinner time came around and I looked up a good sandwich place. Turns out the "Where the Locals Eat" best bakery pick was right around the corner from me. Amy's Breads. Too bad they were out of sandwiches. So I just wandered around some more until I came upon a place called Lenny's, which I knew I read about online so I just ate there.

Afterward, I figured I was close enough so I went ahead and walked to the site of the RiverFlicks; a free movie night at Pier 54 on the Hudson River. It was pretty neat, but already decently crowded. I was also tired and didn't have a blanket to sit on and wasn't terribly interested in the film (Vicky Christina Barcelona) so I decided to skip it and wandered north along the Hudson a little ways. Saw a funky looking building too, which I took a picture of. Anyway, I lazily made my way down to my sublet again, but not before I came across one of the local grocery stores I wanted to check out to see if they were cheaper than the big stores. It wasn't... It was very expensive... and small... I left. Came back, worked some more, watched some Anime, and wrote this up.



1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I believe you found the IAC Building by Frank Gehry... cool!!

http://www.iacbuilding.com

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home