Saturday, July 11, 2009

Productivity Ahoy!

I hadn't done a lot of work lately due to all the moving and stuff, so on Thursday I buckled down and started doing some serious work. I ended up staying at James' apt and just working all day (with a quick walk to Subway for lunch), which also included a 90 minute conference call with one of our potential clients. At about 5 or so, I started to get really antsy, so decided to walk to Astoria Park to do some work outside. As luck would have it, I found an unsecure wifi spot, so was still able to be online, which helps a lot when programming. I also had a really pretty view of the East River and Manhattan.

My view from Astoria Park while working:




I was getting a good bit of work done when all of a sudden I heard this loud music coming not too far away, so I walked over there and lo and behold, some sort of Waterfront Concert Series was going on. So I grabbed a hot dog from the local vendor ($1.50) and a diet coke ($1) and sat down to enjoy the music while continuing to work. The bad wasn't bad; they played a lot of oldies stuff.




After that, I just walked home (met James on the way) and worked some more. Overall I worked over 9 hrs on Thursday. Woke up Friday and had to go into the city to finish up the sublet stuff before he leaves. He recommended an apparently famous Falafel place called Mamoun's right around the corner from the sublet. Always has a line apparently. I waited in the line and got there to order and they misheard my order so I got some other type of sandwich. Oh well, I'll have plenty of opportunities to make it up. Walked to Washington Square Park and had lunch there, then did some more work there. My view:


After that, I walked up to Central Park and did some more work there after walking around some. I also saw what I think is the fountain from The Producers movie:



Then I went and met up with James in Times Square, then we walked to 32nd St for some good Korean BBQ. Afterward, being on a Korean kick, I looked up Suno for dessert, but apparently we found the Suno clothing store, not a dessert place... oops... Oh well, we rode back to Astoria and grabbed some ice cream at a Mr. Softee's. Then came home, did more work, and now I wrote this blog. Hooray!

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey Hutchins said...

Yeah I'm pretty sure if I was walking around a new city and discovering a bunch of parks I wouldn't have clocked 9 hrs of productivity! LOVE THE PICS!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home