Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Japan: Electric-City

06/16/2006

No pictures for this day. What this day basically consisted of was getting acquainted with getting to/around TiTech (Tokyo Institute of Technology) and doing random stuff like finding the computer lab/getting access. We also continued classes, although we basically only had Technical Japanese left. After class, I decided I wanted to see how well I could find myself around a new city alone (seeing as how I'd have to do it anyway within a matter of weeks). With this in mind, I took the daunting task of navigating Tokyo's metro system. I made my way to あきはばら (Akihabara), which is Tokyo's electric city. I don't know how to describe Akihabara if you don't know of it, but I guess it's every geek's dream, no matter what you enjoy. Video games, Anime, electronics of any variety; you can find it all at Akiba. It's also the place to go if you want to see Japanese maids around every corner or maid cafes. After eating quite a delicious *yaki* meal (Okonomiyaki, takoyaki, yakisoba set), I made my way back to the Youth Center feeling quite confident in my ability to navigate a new city.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... they grow up so fast!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home