Sunday, July 12, 2009

SCAMper off elsewhere

Today I was browsing Craigslist for apartments when I came across this ad:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/abo/1265474003.html

WAY too good to be true. 2bed/2bath? 1400 sq ft? Washer/dryer? Even has parking spots included? No way. But out of curiosity I emailed them and got this auto-response:


Thanks for taking the time to look at my property.

Here is a vFlyer with pictures and details of the apartment :
http://vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/2636910

My name is Cristine, I'm 38 years old, I'm a construction engineer and
I'm the owner of this condo(2 large bedrooms, 2 full baths, a living
room, there is a

dining area, a Washer And Dryer in the apartment,1400 square footage)
I lived in this beautiful condo for over 5 years and loved every day
of it. The condo

is fully furnished with all necessary amenities(exactly like in the
pics) it is located in a very select downtown neighborhood. The area
is very nice, very

quiet and safe, it is close to all downtown attractions, easy access
to public transportation. Great Restaurants, Bars, Pubs and shopping
abound in the

immediate area, within walking distance. the condo comes with two
parking spots,a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if
you don't like it and

you want use your furniture) Pets are allowed. I've moved to United
Kingdom with my job (i am a construction engineer) and decided to rent
it because the

rent is very expensive here.The price is so low because I'm here and
is very hard to find a tenant.I really want to find a good and
responsible tenant for

it, and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.

(water,electricity, Internet,cable, parking,air conditioning,
fireplace, dishwasher, garbage,all included) I want to receive the
money monthly in my bank

account. You can move in the condo in the same day when you receive
the keys and contract. The only problem is that I have nobody in the
United States that

could show you the condo.

Let me know if you are interested because I really need to take care
of this matter by the end of the next week.
All The Best Wishes,
Cristine.


I looked up some key phrases in that Email and got this link: http://www.selfabsorbed.me/emails-to-a-realitor/

So yeah... too bad... would've been perfect for me. Moving on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home